Monday, February 21, 2011

Gnomeo & Juliet



Howdy all. I am no longer pink-eyed and bushy-tailed. Everything's grand. It was a fantastic, busy weekend. Did lots of stuff, mostly terrific stuff, but it would bore you if I wrote it all here. One thing (that may also bore you, but it's my blog, so I'm actually ALLOWED to bore anyone I want) was that I became obsessed with needle-felting. Fell in love with it. I feel a teensy bit goofy because...normally I sort of hate crafty things. I sew, yes, but I don't muck about with yarn. I don't furiously knit during Town Meeting like all those new-agey homestead women do, comparing their unique stitches during lulls. Needle-felting is awesome for non-crafty people like myself. It basically entails stabbing some fluffy, raw wool with a special barbed needle a million times until it almost dreadlocks itself, and takes the shape of whatever you're trying to create. Personally, I'd say a craft project that allows someone to repeatedly jab something with a needle is right up my alley. Therapeutic and addictive. I was cranking out the needle felted gnomes left and right. And Eli has been helping me. I made myself carsick on the way to Lebanon today just so I could keep on poking at a pointy, red gnome hat. Try it. Not the carsick part, the needle felting part. And if you have some secret Voodoo Doll fantasy, you can kill two birds with one stone. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment