Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cups

When you're just plain pissed off, and you slam the dishwasher door real hard to hear the satisfying sound of a glass breaking...you still have to clean it up in the end. Moral of the story: Don't get mad. And if you do, don't break something that makes a mess. Break something like a cookie, so the dog will just come along and eat it later.

Not meaning to write about my dad, yet again, but I think I'm turning into him. The cup thing. That was always Dad's anger release when I was a kid. He'd bang his coffee cup down on the table, and the handle would bust. We had many handle-less mugs in our house. I don't drink coffee, good thing, huh? Tea, yes, but not to the point where there's a cup in my hand all the time, ready to slam at a moment's notice.

Maybe, in China, the people are so grouchy, they leave off the handles in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment