Wednesday, December 3, 2008

9AM And Not Shaping Up To Be A Great Day...A Bad, Bad Story.

Well, the sun is filling the dining room right now, so maybe, just maybe, things will turn around! I have to say, even though the puppy is very sweet, he was the root of many problems this morning. The Kid wanted a cereal bar for breakfast, and since we were running late for school, that's what he got. The second he unwrapped it, he dropped it, and the dog ran off with it in an instant. So, I got The Kid another. By this time, the dog has figured out that people food is WAY better than the crap stuff in his dish, so he jumped up and snatched the second cereal bar. Finally, the third bar got eaten by the human child. Putting the baby in his (Hanna Andersson....should NOT be a piece of shit) snowsuit, the zipper broke. As it is his only snowsuit, I just sort of wrapped it around him anyway, and headed out the door. The Kid stood in the cloud of exhast, breathing deeply and saying, "This smoke smells funny" From the other side of the car, where I was buckling The Baby in and frantically hunting for a tissue (because a sneeze had just exploded gobs of snot all over his face) I yell "Get out of that, it's poison!" or something to that effect. He then claps his mitten over the filthy exhast pipe and says "Look Mom! I can make it stop!" Had to dash back in because I remembered it was soup day, and the children all bring veggies to add. I grabbed a giant head of broccoli, slipped on the icy steps, but made it the car in one piece. At school, I decide to lug The Baby instead of put him in his pack, so I can keep his snowsuit closed against the wind...OF COURSE the closest parking spot is on the other green, so we have to cross two roads. Normally, I never cross if I can see a car coming even from a long distance, as an example to The Kid, but today we were so late...there was a truck WAY up the hill, so we crossed, but the stupid broccoli fell out of the basket in the middle of the road. Bending down, I almost lost hold of The Baby. By the time we started walking again, the truck passed right behind us, honking and the driver giving me a dirty you-are-the-worst-parent-in-the-world look. In the school mudroom, some mother pulling her kids boots off had left her coffee in MY kid's cubby. He tried to move it out with his mittens on, and it spilled all over my wool coat. The "Queen Bee" or the head cleaning lady/mother tells me that it is my weekend to clean the school. (I panic a little inside, because I have already overbooked the weekend and cleaning both buildings takes around six hours if you don't cheat. Which I will, no other option.) The Baby and I go home. I lay him down on the bench to pull off that damn snowsuit, and the puppy jumps up and claws him across the face. He screams for a good ten minutes. I put him in his high chair and pour him some juice in his new sippy cup that has a snap-on lid. As I press the lid into place, a huge spray of apple juice blasts out of the spout. (Good thing I still have on my now grungy coat.) He settles in with some food, a red welt from one eye across his cheek. I turn on the computer to write, since that's the only way I calm down and feel better. Two hours later, I finish this blog post using the neighbor's wireless, because our's lost signal right after I wrote this post for the first time. This is my second typing of this...and it better work, because I WILL NOT do it again. I will just sit down and bawl. After several trips to the basement, I came to the conclusion that our wireless router has kicked the bucket. I feel so frustrated today. I hate arriving at school, looking a mess, while other parents chuckle and say things like "Heh, heh! Looks like you've got your hands full!" I can't figure out why they DON'T have their hands full. What's their secret? They have as many, if not more, kids than I do, and yet, they are combed, pulled together, and seem to have an extra hand for that dang coffee. I don't get it. And I get insanely mad at Justin because when I'm just looking for a little empty sympathy, he acts like his day was harder and "What's the big deal? You just had one little baby for most of the day." And I'm thinking "YOU just had to hammer hunks of wood all day! Got to go to the bathroom by yourself, eat lunch with adults, drive around listening to the radio instead of backseat wailing!" My mind always has to cover three thousand things at once. Right now I'm typing a few words, then running out into the dining room to take wooden plates from the kitchen set away from the dog. Typing, and changing a poopy diaper. Typing, and rescuing my books from getting their dust jackets torn even more. Typing, and answering the phone. Wondering how I'm going to juggle the Silent Auction Gala (and set-up the day before) a portrait session, photo show for a project I worked on this summer, AND somehow find 6+ hours to clean the school. Probably, as usual, I will eliminate the things that I don't HAVE to do (anything remotely enjoyable) and just be miserable. Again, I apologize for this depressing post, and all my depressing entries. Please note that I mostly only write when the day is too icky to handle. My silly way of coping. So all of those many, many entry-less days were probably just lovely. Toodles. -Emily

Oh, I forgot to mention the scubbing-unidentifiable-poo (chicken possibly?) off my boots this morning. OK, It's all actually seeming almost funny now, in a pathetic-fate-hates-me sort of way. See? This is why I write it down. Otherwise, I'd go nuts.

Icing on the cake is: I shouldn't have bothered to scrub the boots, as the right sole fell off a few minutes ago. Ha ha! Oh my God! I can't BELIEVE this day! Seriously, WRETCHED!!!!

Would you look at that! 15 minutes and I need to go pick up The Kid!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment