Thursday, January 22, 2015

Baby Ballet


Teaching a session of childrens' dance in a cafeteria is not ideal, but living in the sticks as we do, parents prefer it to having to drive an hour for dance classes!  My lovely Russian friend, Yuliya, has been begging me to start teaching ballet and creative movement again ever since she gave birth to two dance-loving daughters a few years ago, and as incentive, did all the work securing the space, signing up families and advertising for me.  Obviously, she's a better salesperson than I am because these classes are PACKED and well organized, I just have to show up and do my thing!  These little people are so sweet and earnest and have no idea that it's funny to be doing plies on a salad bar instead of a real barre.  Life.  Full of improvisations and all the better for it.     






No comments:

Post a Comment