Friday, August 15, 2008

The Chief



I know, I know, I've posted fire station pictures before. But these are some of my recent favorites. Thursday nights are pretty special for a certain young fire chief! Well, another Friday is here, and another wild weekend ahead. I can't believe how fast this summer went. It seems like a moment ago we had all those long summer days stretching out in front of us endlessly, and now it's almost over. A million plans and projects undone. I'm feeling rather depressed about it all. The house needs so much work before winter, but we'll never have the time. The last thing Justin wants to do when he gets home, is construction work, and I don't blame him. I feel like we are trying our hardest and doing our best, but we just come up completely short. Truly, some days we just want to pack up and start over fresh, in a new house, that doesn't fall apart faster than we can fix it. And then we think of how personal our house has become, all the work already sunk into it...it would be awful to leave. It's just the time thing, every weekend seems to be preplanned for us. Admittedly, we don't always spend our time in the wisest ways possible, but it's so hard to be disciplined enough to say No to all fun, and Yes to toil! Anyhow, excuse my grumblings! Both of the boys got haircuts out on the back deck this afternoon. I always hate to snip the baby's curls off, but they bother him when they get in his eyes and plus, he gets them all sticky every time he eats. (Apparently, one must polish one's head with one's food before every bite.) Sorry all, I meant to upload more photos but it's late, and I'm going to bed instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment