Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sniffles, Snow, Sun, Soundtrack, Sheep, Sugaring, Skiing....Spring.



Here we go!  The back roads have turned into a wrestling match where you occasionally just have to let go of the steering wheel and let the ruts take you where they will.  Mud Season driving is the perfect analogy of my life, come to think of it.


This past weekend found us soaking up some amazing sunshine, skiing in our shirtsleeves, helping tap 1,300 Maples, playing in a giant, melting snow volcano and cuddling newborn lambs.  We also did a little work on the soundtrack, it's all coming together nicely!  Eli had his first sleepover at his best friend's house, and Ira and I had our own sleepover at home, where he dragged alllllllll his stuffed animals, toys and books into my bed for the night.



Was a dream weekend, other than my slightly distracting sinus infection.  Tried one of those dang Neti pots last night, with poor results....apparently I'm doing it wrong.  I may have to repeat the process before I take myself to the doctor, see if I can't take care of this myself.  Jen's steam tent helps a lot.  Alright, hope everyone's week is shaping up nicely, raining now, steady on the roof.... sounds like Spring, smells like Spring!  It must BE Spring!







No comments:

Post a Comment