Thursday, April 24, 2014

Battleship Cove

 One of the last places I, personally, would choose to visit is a naval museum (in the pouring rain, no less) but the boys are crazy for ships and submarines and tanks and all that stuff, so I pretended not to be dying of claustrophobia as we toured miles of creepy space, under water and full of weird smells and sounds!






 There were a dozen different ships to tour, some of them absolutely massive and able to hold thousands of people so we got lost several times.  There was nobody else around except way back at the ticket booth near the shipyard's entrance.  At one point we were in the middle of a submarine that went on, I swear, FOREVER and being a paranoid person, I wondered out loud, "How the heck would they get someone out of here if they were hurt?  And how would the staff even know?"  Eli grinned and said, "Mom, the SS Lionfish is from like 1940 and I read it was mostly original, I bet it's ready to start leaking..."  My response: "Walk faster, you guys!"




No comments:

Post a Comment